Thursday, April 17, 2008

Oh How I Love Visiting Hospitals?!?

So incase you didn't know about me I had the gastric bypass back on June 3 2003. Back when I had the surgery I told the doctor to keep my galbladder in if it looked healthy and it did so he left it. Well later on that year I got pregnant with Avery and well during the pregnancy they discovered (after several trips to the ER with me being in extreme pain that wasn't pregnancy related) that in the few months that I was pregnant my body produced several (about 100 plus) stones and the pain was comming from a stone being caught in the duct of the galbladder (trust me it's horrible pain, worse than contractions!) Anyways 6 weeks after Avery was born I had my galbladder removed and all was dandy! Well a few months later I had the same pain again as I did when I was pregnant comes out of nowhere and comes on pretty strong and usually I could control it with pain meds and laying down for a bit and eventually the pain would go away. About once a year the pain would get so bad that I would end up going to the ER to get the pain under control, and when I went to the ER they would give me pain meds and do a bunch of tests and claim it was the beginning of a ulcer, give me some meds and send me home drugged up. I knew it wasn't the beginning of a ulcer because over the years if it was an ulcer it would have devlopet by now! Then in 2006 I was tired of having the problems so I had several tests done, and they couldn't find anything wrong, they couldn't see a stone in the duct so after several test's and such I just gave up. When I was pregnant with Toby my OBGYN suggest it was a spasm of the galbladder duct or there was a stone left inside there that was causing the pain. Well not much I could do when I was pregnant with Toby and since it only happened about once a year where I required to go up to the ER I wasn't to worried about it. Well on December 12 2007 I was up at 4AM (getting Richard off to work) when the pain started soon after he left for work, and I took some pain killers and it kept getting worse and worse until I couldn't take the pain anymore (I was in tears by this time and the place we were renting at the time the landlord and his wife heard me crying and took me to the ER) where the hospital said your not having labor pains..DUH but wanted to keep me to observe me and later on turned into labor pains and the next afternoon I ended up having Toby. Well didn't worry about it still mainly cause it only happen once a year and the last time I had an "attack" was April 22 2007. Well come March 16 2008 I had another "attack" went to the ER got the good stuff and came home, thought maybe I should have something checked out but with work being as busy as it was I wasn't going to worry about it until after tax season. Well on April 11 2008 it happened AGAIN, so is got me worried went back to the ER and more pain meds and got an apt to see a specalist to see what my options were, and well they want a CT done again and do some more searching to find infact what I've know all along there is a stone still stuck inside, because since Friday the 11 of April I've had to manage the pain with a muscle relaxer (it seems to work the best) almost everyday. So this coming Monday I am going to have a CT done and then go see the GI doctor on Friday and go from there, so eventually I have another sugery to remove the stones! Go ME!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails