Sunday, December 6, 2009

Eeek! Shots!


Last week was my first week of my Progesterone injection. While at the doctor's office the nurse taught Richard how to give me the shot so I didn't have to go in the doctor's office every week. There is very little information about these shots other than they help with pre term labor, and since both of the boys were NICU babies born in their 35 week I am willing to try something that will help prevent this baby from being a NICU baby as well. My goal is to make it to 38 weeks my doctor's goal is 37. I have read some side effects of the shots but none of them were life threatening to me or the baby mainly headaches or dizziness. I have been dealing headaches but this past week they have been getting worse, to the point where I can't even be out of bed for more than 5 minutes without the top of my head throbbing. I have been on 2 different type of headache meds the doctors office has given me but it seems like in order for them to work I have to take 4 pills (normally you should only have to take 1) and then it makes me feel like I took a sleeping pill which normally wouldn't be to bad except I work and I can't sleep on the job! I am going to go see my doctor on Tuesday to see what other options we have because I have been getting the headaches on average 4-5 times a week lately. Sigh...any ideas as to what I can do to get rid of these nasty things? This is a picture taken today 20 weeks, a little more than half way done...woohoo!

1 comment:

Miss Angie said...

Sorry about the headaches, congrats on making it to 20! I'll send good energies so you make it to that nice 38!

Related Posts with Thumbnails