Monday, February 1, 2010

Preemie Baby




I was unable to sleep last night so I was flipping the channels on TV when I came across TLC's show 19 kids & counting. They were doing a new episode to show the birth of their most recent baby girl whom they named Josie. Alot people heard about this birthday right around Christmas time because Michelle (the Mom) had the baby so early, she had several different complications and they ended up having to deliver the baby at 25 weeks into the pregnancy, and in case you don't know a normal pregnancy lasts 40 weeks, so she was barley half way done when they had to do an emergency c section. Josie was only 1 lb 6 oz when she was born. It's been almost 2 months she she was born, and in the show it didn't say how she was doing as of today but seeing how in the news I haven't heard anything no news usually means good news? I hope in the case at least. I am currently 28 weeks, I am just 3 weeks ahead of her so when I saw the little girl being born (they filmed pretty much the whole c section) I quickly realized how tiny my baby is right now at my last apt he weighed 2 lbs 3 oz. It scared me so much to see this poor baby struggling to just take in a single breath. They showed the Dad holding up a piece of baby with the baby's weight and her footprints, (see picture above that's about how tiny her's were) when I saw the footprints I just started crying (yeah preggo hormones) they were sooooo tiny, they looked like barbie footprints let alone human being ones! I quickly realized me going insane on bed rest is totally worth it now (not that I didn't think that it wasn't before), I do not even want to being to think what it would be like to have a baby that small. Watching that show really opened my eyes made me so happy that I am on bed rest so that if I did end up having a preemie baby I know I did everything in my powers to prevent it. I just hope that Josie gets bigger and is able to finally join the rest of her brothers and sisters. Having a NICU baby is so hard unless you have been there it's really hard to explain. Amazing how I love someone so much and I have never even seen his face..........





This is Avery in the NICU thankfully he didn't have to have help breathing but he also lasted longer than Toby did by a week but both boys had to have an IV in their hands.
These pictures are of Toby in the NICU in the first one you can see Richards hand next to him second one is him all hooked up to every monitor to make sure he was doing ok & had to have a breathing tube.


2 comments:

Melanie, Shayne, Riley, Bently and Jaylen said...

It really is AMAZING what they are medically capable of these days. Those tiny baby feet are incredible. What a miracle! My neighbor growing up in Wellsville was born smaller than that. She was down to only weighing ounces. She is totally fine now! I am glad that you fought for your bed rest. I am sure that it would be so, so hard to have a preemie baby... and you are doing your best to prevent that. But isn't it great to know that if your baby does come early... they can do so much for him?! Hang in there. Everyday that passes... that little boy gets a little bit bigger and a little bit stronger!

Lexi said...

You stop watching shows like that! I was so sick with Sophie that I rarely could leave the bed, so I watched those pregnancy shoes all the time, and it scared the hell out of me. I saw EVERYTHING that could go wrong. So go watch something girly instead :P

Related Posts with Thumbnails