Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 278


Today this young man (the adult not the child) will be laid to rest. His name was Jake. I wasn't friends with him. I was in his ward many years ago. I knew of him and I knew his family. I learned of his passing on Monday. He took his life Sunday night.

I have had a difficult week. I don't know why I am having such a time with him passing. I wasn't friends with him. I do remember him but it's been many years since I went to my Dad's ward. He's been on my mind a lot this week. My heart breaks for his family. My heart breaks even more for him. To be that sad, to think this was his only choice was to leave this world. 

I never realized until this week how much I mean to other people. I don't know why I realized this. But I mean more to my kids than I mean to myself, if that makes sense. 

I am not able to go to the funeral due to Richard's work hours. Looking at his pictures on his Family's FB brings tears in my eyes, and with me not being the type of girl to cry I am just confused to this all. All I know is I pray that his family feels comfort, that they can work through their issues and they will be able to see their son again someday. I pray that he now realizes how much he meant to his family and how much he will be missed even by people he didn't know.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails