Wednesday, March 28, 2012

We Want To Know Wednesdays!

null

Mamarazzi and Crazymama are at it again!


{1} What is something that you currently spend money on that you consider a splurge or frivolous?
{2} Tell us about your first paying job. How old were you?
{3} Do you plan date nights and extras into a monthly/weekly budget?
{4} Share one of your money saving tips with us.
And finally, Christine @ http://cmgendreau.blogspot.com wants to know:
{5} If you won the lottery - would you spend it frivolously or use what you need and save the rest? Why?

1. What is something that you currently spend money on that you consider a splurge or frivolous?

Anything for baby girl.....I found the CUTEST blanket for her that has lady bugs on it at Wal-Mart, I wanted to make her own but I think I will just pay the 18 bucks and get this one, it's seriously so cute!

2. Tell us about your first paying job. How old were you?

I got a job just days after I turned 16. I worked there for a little over a year, Artic Circle.......in North Ogden. I liked the job but the management, SUCKED! I met my first boyfriend there too...awe.......I made 4.35 an hour!

3. Do you plan date nights and extras into a monthly/weekly budget?

Ha! I wish! I need to but no, I do not just because as of lately I have been working every weekend and Richard works a lot of weekends as well so it makes it hard and weekend nights? With kids? Ya just doesn't happen! But we do need to make time for it for sure.

4. Share one of your money saving tips with us

Seriously......pay your bills off! If that means missing out on something DO IT! I don't understand people who complain about being broke or not being able to pay bills off or being behind but yet get their nails done or their hair done or go on vacations that they don't need to go on. I would love to take my kids places but I honestly would rather be debt free first they are young enough that there will be times later! My 5 year plan will be debt free minus the house payment and have 10k in savings, if I keep going at the rate I am, it will happen. And when that day comes, I am totally going shopping LOL jk!

5. And finally, Christine @ http://cmgendreau.blogspot.com wants to know:
If you won the lottery - would you spend it frivolously or use what you need and save the rest? Why?

Richard and I have talked about this a few times depending on how much we get will change our answers a little bit but this is what we would do

1. Pay off all bills including the house (duh!)
2. Give my Mom & His Mom money, enough to buy a house for each of them
3. Fix up our house and give it to someone we feel that deserves it (Family or Friend)
4. Buy the cars we have always wanted
5. Decide where we want to live and build a nice house not to big but big enough that each of the kids have their own rooms along enough room for family to come visit
6. Put money in a saving account for the kids and college
7. Visit family out of state more often and fly, no driving crap!
8. Live life pretty much the same now except wouldn't have to worry about how much money we have in our account. We both agree we don't want our kids to think they are rich and they are better than anyone just because we have money.

1 comment:

Jo said...

Wow, well done on sticking to your budget! It's something we've never been able to do.

Related Posts with Thumbnails