Friday, August 10, 2012

Day 223

I did something I thought I would NEVER do. I bought rats. Yes RATS! I am surprised how sweet they are and how smart they are! They can learn their names and learn to come to you when you call them along with other simple tricks. We have had them for a week now and so far they haven't bit me or the kids once. They love being held and the boys LOVE them. I wanted to give Avery more responsibility and he is responsible for feeding and cleaning their cage (with my help and supervision of course) and if you can see on the bottom picture I put a lock on the cage so the kids can't go and randomly take one of the rats out of the cage when I am not there. So far Abby (in the first picture) and Sammie (I will take a picture of her later) have been awesome. They are just babies now but we will be getting a bigger cage soon so they can explore more!





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails