Thursday, January 28, 2010

Throwing In The Towels Update


I have a new doctor, his name is Wesley Davis, I have seen him before when my doctor was away and I needed to see someone when I pulled a muscle in my stomach (yeah wasn't the smartest person when I did that) he actually listened to me and I felt like he cared about MY feelings, oh and he's kinda cute! haha....See picture above...I went to see him yesterday and I explained to him my concerns and why I am upset with my other doctor. He agreed with me on alot of my concerns and agreed to be my new doctor Yay! One of my goals is to NOT have a NICU baby, I want to be able to have anyone and EVERYONE come up and visit us after he's born and not have to look at him behind a glass window or have to scrub down in order to go visit him. I told him I am willing to do almost anything to achieve this goal, he then told me that him and his wife had a baby at 33 weeks and he was in the NICU for a month so he knows how I feel on that goal. He put me on a new type of medicine it's called Nifedipine. I take it every 6 hours on top of keeping up with my weekly shots as well. He wants to see me weekly and he will do a test every 2 weeks (I honestly can't remember the name it starts with the letter F.....) and if it comes back negative (which I pray it does each time) then that means I won't have the baby in the next 2 weeks, and if it does come back positive then we will take it from there and depending on how far along I am I will be on strict strict bed rest at that point. He did the test yesterday I called the doctors office this morning and it came back negative. Yay!!!! Last night I had some nasty contractions they came right before midnight and lasted a little over an hour and came every 3-4 minutes. It's something I am just going to have to deal with but at least I know I don't have to worry about going to work the next day or worry about it happening while I am at work. My goal is to make it to April 1st, that's 63 days from today. I feel so much better with my new doctor. I am excited to meet my new little guy but ONLY after April 1st! I am willing to do everything in my power to keep him in as long as possible and if he does come early I know I did everything to keep him in as long as possible. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Miss Angie said...

Yay! I'm glad you got a new doctor that will actually listen to you.

Lexi said...

Good for you. No preggo should have to put up whit a shit doctor

Mary said...

I know I was had such a hard time with that decision but when he said the walk 5 miles crap it was the straw that broke the camels back

Related Posts with Thumbnails