Friday, January 28, 2011

IRS Awesomeness

I do the work email at my job. So if someone emails a question regarding help with our software then I am one of the 3 people who answer the emails. I got an email that went like this.

Customer: I got an EFile Reject with code 7888778. Can you help me with this?

Me: I did some research and found this is the reason why you are getting this reject code (it read that something wasn't correct in the return that they sent up). You just need to fix this issue and re submit the return.

Customer: Yes I know I contacted the IRS regarding this issue they told me it's a known issue with them and they are working on getting this fixed.

Me: So if it's a known issue then you will need to wait until the IRS fixes the problem then you can re submit the return to them and it should go through just fine.

Customer: Ok great thanks.


SERIOUSLY? Thanks lady, just wasted 15 minutes of my life I won't ever get back..........If she knew it was a KNOWN issue with the IRS and we are NOT the IRS.....WHY did you ask if I can fix it?!?!

/facepalm.........

3 comments:

Miss Angie said...

LOL so true so true...

Mary said...

I know right? I knew you would like that!

Sami said...

Sounds like someone was looking for someone to blame for their instant gratification fail, huh???
Ugh! Stupid people!

Related Posts with Thumbnails